Jays sign Ryan Rowland-Smith to a minor league deal

Otto Greule Jr

Chris Cotillo had this:

Ryan, a lefty starter from Sydney, Australia will go join the Bisons. He started the season with the Diamondbacks. He made 6 relief appearances allowing 7 hits in 7.1 innings, 4 earned, 4 walks and 9 strikeouts. He was with the Mariners from 2007 to 2010. He was 12-17 with a 4.57 ERA with them, in 115 games, 47 starts, 362.2 innings, 381 hits, 134 walks and 220 strikeouts.

The Jays likely see him as depth for our lefty relievers Brett Cecil, Aaron Loup and J.A. Happ. He joins lefties Sean Nolin, Ricky Romero and Rob Rasmussen as Bisons' southpaws.

As part of his contract, Ryan has an opt out clause, if he isn't in the majors on June 1st he can look for a better deal somewhere else.