Report: Chris Getz coming up to take Goins spot

Chris getz - Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

I forgot to mention, someone will have to be removed from the 40-man to make room for Getz, wanna make your bet?

So the headline should have been Goins going, getting Getz, but since it isn't official yet....

Shi Davidi is reporting:

The Toronto Blue Jays will add second baseman Chris Getz to the roster Tuesday, according to multiple sources, after the club optioned Ryan Goins to triple-A Buffalo on Monday night.

Shi wouldn't lie to us.

Getz is hitting .309/.382/.338 with 6 stolen bases in 18 Bisons games. He has 2 doubles, 8 walks and 11 strikeouts. He also looked good in spring training, it seemed like he was hitting the ball hard every time up. He hit .258/.303/.355 this spring but looked better than those numbers. His defense will be a step down from Goins, but he won't be as much of an automatic out. And he has some speed.

I'd get your Getz uniform really quickly, these call ups tend not to cause lasting results. But I'm going to hope the best for Getz, I was kind of cheering for him this spring.