GameThread: The Chris Getz era begins here

Dustin - Tom Szczerbowski

We start a 3 game series at Kansas City tonight. The Royals are 12-12, which puts them 4th in the AL Central, 1.5 back of the Tigers.

The start of the Chris Getz era.

Today's Lineups

TORONTO BLUE JAYS KANSAS CITY ROYALS
Jose Reyes - SS Norichika Aoki - RF
Melky Cabrera - LF Omar Infante - 2B
Jose Bautista - RF Eric Hosmer - 1B
Edwin Encarnacion - 1B Billy Butler - DH
Dioner Navarro - C Alex Gordon - LF
Juan Francisco - DH Salvador Perez - C
Brett Lawrie - 3B Mike Moustakas - 3B
Colby Rasmus - CF Alcides Escobar - SS
Chris Getz - 2B Jarrod Dyson - CF
Dustin McGowan - RHP Jason Vargas - LHP

And we have Dustin McGowan pitching for his spot in the lineup. I hope he has a great start (I hope every start is great). I do feel that he was kind of set up to fail. He's not the right guy to decide to make a starter in the last few days of spring training. Anyway, Dustin, go have a great game.