Blue Jays release Mickey Storey to make room for Getz

Bye Mickey - Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports

Finally it is official, the Jays are going to release Mickey Storey to make room on the roster for Chris Getz.

Storey made 4 appearances in for Buffalo, this season. In 3.1 innings he allowed 7 hits, 4 earned, 5 walks with just 2 strikeouts.  There was even a hit batter and a balk in those 3.1 innings. Last year he was much much better. He had a 2.56 ERA in 59.2 innings, 16 walks and 70 strikeouts. I wonder what's different this year for the guy. He also got in 4 innings with the Jays last year.

I'm surprised it is a straight release, but maybe that's what Storey wanted. He's 28, he'll likely find work somewhere.

Getz and Jonathan Diaz will be our second base platoon, though Getz has had very even splits over his 6 year MLB career. Against RHP he has hit .246/.309/.307 and against lefties it's .269/.315/.317.