Poll time: Marcus Stroman or Dustin McGowan?

John Rieger-USA TODAY Sports

The Blue Jays have an interesting choice to make, the next time through the rotation either Marcus Stroman or Dustin McGowan will start.

Stroman had a great start for Buffalo. Jeff Moore at Baseball Prospectus said this:

Pitcher of the Night: Marcus Stroman, RHP, Blue Jays (Buffalo, AAA): 6 IP, 0 H, 0 R, BB, 10 K.
If this is the swan song for Stroman's minor-league career, he went out with a bang. There has been speculation that Stroman could get the call this week to take the place of Dustin McGowan. After struggling this spring, he has his three plus pitches working, and the continued development of his changeup could give him a fourth.

I really think it is time for Stroman to be a major league starter. Our pitching has been terrible and we have someone in minors who could be good. Course, Stroman hasn't pitched in the 7th inning of a game yet this year (although I'm sure he could have pitched into the 7th last night, it seems like they wanted to keep him fresh for his next start). With how awful our bullpen has been, it would be nice to have guys that can get deeper into a game.

You saw Dustin McGowan. He pitched 6 innings plus a batter. He had his second highest game score of the season. Still had gave up 3 runs, 2 earned and brought his ERA down to 5.87.  He's not getting strikeouts, 5.9/ 9 innings so far. I don't know if it is time to give up on him as a starter, or maybe revisit the idea again next year. It does seem that he is better suited for relief at the moment.

Maybe it is because I haven't been enjoying the last few games, and I want something to look forward to, but I'd really like them to bring up Marcus.