Melky Cabrera leaves game after being hit by pitch

Melky - Marc Serota

Melky Cabrera was hit by pitch just below the knee, in the top of the 6th inning and left the game. It really didn't sound good.

Melky is hitting .342 this spring, we really can't afford to lose him for any length of time.

I would imagine that, if he has to go on the DL, Anthony Gose would return to the team, though they could go with Kevin Pillar or Darin Mastroianni are also possibilities. Or they might decide to send out Moises Sierra at the same time and take up two outfielders from Buffalo.

But, please Melky, be ok.

Good news:

SB Nation Featured Video