Home Opener GameThread: Yankees @ Blue Jays

Tom Szczerbowski

Home opener!

It sounds like the Yankees had a pretty rough flight into Toronto. I'm not going to feel sorry for them.

Roy Halladay throws the first pitch. Too bad he can't throw 100 more.

Masahiro Tanaka makes his first MLB start tonight. He can wait until his next start to get his first MLB win. Dustin McGowan goes for the Jays. Can't help but be thrilled for the guy.

The Yankees are resting Derek Jeter, Brian Roberts and Altonso Soriano. They are afraid of the turf at Rogers. I'm ok with them sitting guys out here. Like Tanaka for example.

Lineup

TORONTO BLUE JAYS NEW YORK YANKEES
Melky Cabrera, LF Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
Colby Rasmus, CF Brett Gardner, LF
Jose Bautisa, RF Carlos Beltran, DH
Edwin Encarnacion, 1B Brian McCann, C
Adam Lind, DH Mark Teixeira, 1B
Dioner Navarro, C Kelly Johnson, 3B
Brett Lawrie, 3B Ichiro Suzuki, RF
Ryan Goins, 2B Yangervis Solate, 2B
Jonathan Diaz, SS Dean Anna, SS

Go Jays Go!

Remember we have rules around here. Some reminders, don't talk about illegal streams, don't argue with the Mods and don't be terrible.

Latest News

In This Article

Events
Teams