Blue Jays call up Chad Jenkins, DFA Jeremy Jeffress

Jeffress - Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

Well, that didn't take long, the Blue Jays have called up Chad Jenkins from the Buffalo Bisons, and DFA Jeremy Jeffress.

Jenkins looked pretty impressive during spring training. He pitched 6.2 alling 5 hits, 3 earned, with no walks and 5 strikeouts. Last year he had a 2.70 ERA in 33 innings, 3 starts and 7 relief appearances. 31 hits, 6 walks and 15 strikeouts.

Jeffress made 2 relief appearances for the Jays, in our first 5 games, allowing 5 hits, 3 walks with 2 strikeouts in 2.1 innings and an 11.57 ERA. He had a tough time in spring training, walking 9 and giving up 12 hits in 12 innings, with 8 strikeouts. Jeffress has a great arm and had a terrific September, after being called up last year, pitching 9.1 scoreless innings, allowing 7 hits, 3 walks with 11 strikeouts.

I hope he clears waivers, I hate giving up on someone that can throw that hard, but maybe he's had enough chances here.

Personally I would have rather seen them call up John Stilson but I'm happy for Jenkins.