FanPost

MLB Gamers Chair: Releases Update

Hello all,

A few months ago, I updated you all on the new MLB releases on the current and next gen consoles. I just wanted to give you a quick update on what's going on.

PS4, PS3, PSVita

MLB: The Show 14 has already been released on PS3, so get out and buy a copy. This gaming franchise leads the way for anything a gamer needs when it comes to baseball. As for the PS4, unfortunately the game has been delayed due to developing the game on a completely new engine, which runs the beast of PS4. The Sony PlayStation store has a release date of Tuesday May 6th 2014. I know this is disappointing for long time Show gamers who are used to a release date of early March, but I honestly think it will be worth the wait.

Since my last post, The Show has release a new trailer featuring the work they did on the MLB ballparks, and it's truly amazing.

(via PlayStation)

and in case you missed the teaser trailer, here it is again:

(via Newsgamer 2014)

So sit tight PS4 gamers, The Show is coming, and it's only one month away.

XBOX ONE, XBOX 360, PS3, PS4, PSVita

Finally MLBAM (Major League Baseball Advanced Media) has released some information and screenshots for RBI Baseball 14. The game is slated to launch in April on PS3, Xbox 360, iOS devices and Android smartphones and tablets with a separate launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later Rbi14_2-944x530_medium

Rbi14_5-944x530_medium

via assets1.sportsnet.ca

In addition to making mobile and now console baseball video games, MLBAM collects data from every pitch of every game. The team has tens of thousands of data points from pitching, hitting and fielding. The developer will use that data to heavily influence the types of pitches thrown, including the speed and control of each pitcher, and also the differentiation between a contact hitter versus a power hitter.

Rbi14_4-944x530_medium

Rbi14_3-944x530_medium

via assets1.sportsnet.ca

With 2K Sports now out of baseball, fans of America’s national pastime will now have two very different game experiences this spring. Sony’s MLB 14: The Show is taking its simulation approach, while MLBAM is going retro arcade with R.B.I. Baseball 14.

So the choice is up to you guys. Happy gaming!