Game 8 GameThread: Astros @ Blue Jays

Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

There are little bits of Blue Jays news:

  • They are switching starts for Dustin McGowan and R.A. Dickey. Dickey now starts Thursday, at Rogers Centre with a presumably closed dome. McGowan starts Friday in Baltimore.
  • Jose Reyes is to run on a treadmill today, he's been taking gentle ground balls. He'll need a couple of rehab games. No timetable for him yet.
  • Casey Janssen is feeling better too and will throw a side session tomorrow. He'll need a short rehab assignment too.

After the first off-day of the season, Mark Buehrle gets his second start of the season. His first one was terrific, had Brett Lawrie been able to come up with the catch on that hard shot at him, Mark would have had a shutout. As is, 8.2 innings, 4 hits, 1 walk and 11 strikeouts, is pretty terrific. I wouldn't expect the same every start.

Brett Oberholtzer starts for the Astros, he's a lefty with big reverse splits so Adam Lind is still in the lineup. He and Colby have been switched in the order, since Lind is hitting and Rasmus isn't.

Lineup

TORONTO BLUE JAYS HOUSTON ASTROS
Melky Cabrera, LF Robbie Grossman LF
Adam Lind, DH Jose Altuve, 2B