FanShot

Q&A with Sal Butera on Blue Jays video challenges (Tor.Star)

+

In an interview with Brendan Kennedy, Sal Butera explains how the review system actually works behind the scenes. Quote from article: Certain angles sometimes you get blocked. We had a play in Toronto where Ryan Goins had slid in (Goins was called out on a pickoff and slow-motion replays seemed to show he was safe, but the Jays never challenged). I never had the angle that eventually they ruled it on.