Game #44 Preview: Blue Jays @ Rangers

Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports

After Drew Hutchison outdueled Yu Darvish last night, Mark Buehrle tries to do the same against Robbie Ross. Ross is a 24-year-old left-hander who was drafted in the second round of the 2008 draft out of high school in Kentucky. He was a fairly effective reliever in 2012 and 2013, but was pushed into a rotation role this season due to all of the injuries to the Rangers pitching staff. It started out alright, but the last handful of starts have been pretty bad, which gives him an ERA of 5.04 currently.

Ross throws a fastball (which has a cutting action), sinker, changeup, curveball, and slider. He just throws a lot of fastballs if we're being honest:

Brooksbaseball-chart__7__medium

I can't help but see a lot of J.A. Happ in Robbie Ross and his pitching style. Ross tends to leave his fastball up in the zone against right-handed hitters, which is always a good thing for Blue Jays sluggers:

543726_r_fa__2013_40_14_0_20130929_medium

via www.fangraphs.com

Hopeful Lineup

Robbie Ross has reverse splits, so you might as well just leave Adam Lind in there with the way the bench is at this point.

  1. Jose Reyes SS
  2. Melky Cabrera LF
  3. Jose Bautista RF
  4. Edwin Encarnacion 1B
  5. Juan Francisco 3B
  6. Dioner Navarro C
  7. Brett Lawrie 2B
  8. Adam Lind DH
  9. Kevin Pillar CF

Find The Link

Find the two links between Robbie Ross and the Padres current wild pitch leader.

Game In A Sentence

Robbie Ross is boring.