Marcus Stroman optioned to Buffalo

Tom Szczerbowski

Alex did tell our Jsantiago, yesterday,  that Marcus Stroman would be stretched out again to start, and, today, he is on his way back to Buffalo to get some starts with the Bisons. It certainly looks like Liam Hendriks will be the on to take Dustin McGowan's spot in the rotation, since Stroman will have to spend 10 days in Buffalo.

No word on who is coming back from Buffalo. It could be Hendriks, but I figure the Jays will wait until he is needed for the start, but then I don't know who would come up in between. It hasn't been 10 days for Chad Jenkins or Neil Wagner. Maybe a middle infielder? I don't know.

I don't think it is a bad thing to give Marcus a short taste of the majors. He gets to see what it is like up here. And he gets to see what MLB gum is like. And if they call him back before 20 days is up, it won't cost us an option.

Hendriks is 5-0 with a 1.48 ERA in 9 games, 7 starts, with the Bisons. He doesn't have a great track record as a major leaguer, 2-13, with a 6.06 ERA in 28 starts.