Marcus Stroman will start Tuesday for the Buffalo Bisons

Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports

Bisons manager Gary Allenson announced that Blue Jays prospect Marcus Stroman will be Buffalo's starter in tomorrow's 1 pm game against the Lehigh Valley IronPigs. Stroman was activated today by the Jays' triple-A affiliate after being optioned there on Sunday.

Allenson revealed that Stroman will be on a pitch count and hopes that the righty can give the club four innings. Going forward, the plan will be to have Stroman start every five days in order to stretch him back out. Following that schedule, Stroman is set to pitch in Louisville on Sunday against the Bats, and will be back in Coca-Cola Field next Friday to face the Syracuse Chiefs. Toronto fans who wish to attend that Friday game can think about signing up for Left Field Brewery's Craft Beer Road Trip, which costs $55 (game ticket, bus ride, and two beers included).

Stroman must remain on his optional assignment in Buffalo for ten days (until the May 28) unless the Blue Jays call him up to replace someone going on the disabled list. However, it is expected that the organization will give him at a few starts before recalling him to join the rotation in Toronto. Stroman can remain in the minor leagues through June 7 without burning an option year--that translates to four starts.

Neil Wagner, another pitcher who has just re-joined the Bisons, will return to his late-inning role. He will pitch the ninth when he's available, but Allenson is considering mixing-and-matching him with Bobby Korecky, who has been sparkling for the Bisons so far this season with a microscopic 0.33 ERA and 0.778 WHIP, striking out 28% and walking just 6% of the batters he's faced.