J.A. Happ to start Monday's game

Happ's pitched so little that I don't have any pictures of him in a regular season game. - David Manning-USA TODAY Sports

In news I missed:

It has been so long since Happ last pitched I was wondering if Gibby had forgotten he was on the roster. His last game action was April 23. One of the reasons I hate the 8-man bullpen is that there is always someone that sits for (in this case) 12 days and then when he does pitch he's rusty and doesn't pitch again for a couple more weeks. I'm hoping that Happ won't be too rusty.

Since coming up to Toronto, off a rehab assignment in Buffalo, on April 13th, Happ has pitched a total of 4.1 innings, allowing 3 hits and 5 walks. I don't think that giving a guy a start, after pitching 4 innings in 4 weeks, is not setting him up for success.

Gibby said that he'd slot in a 6th starter on occasion in May, as we don't have many off-days.  I'm not a big fan of giving starts to your 6th best starter. I don't see why our guys can't go every 5th day, but then, we do have 3 pitchers coming of injuries. But then, if they can't pitch every 5th day, maybe they shouldn't be in the rotation. I really would like Dickey, Buehrle and Hutchison staying on their normal rest.

I'd much rather watch Stroman. Hopefully, soon we'll get the chance.