Game 46 GameThread: Jays @ Red Sox

Happ - Jonathan Dyer-USA TODAY Sports

Go Jays Go

We miss out on getting to face Jake Peavy by a day and, just our luck, J.A. Happ is our starter for the first game of the series. Happ surprised me last time, maybe he can again today.

There were bits and pieces of news today:

  • J.P. Arencibia got sent down to Triple-A by the Rangers. Honestly, I did wonder what the Rangers brass would think of the story in the Star with JP complaining that the media caused the Jays to let him go. Maybe this time it was the Toronto media that caused his being shipped out.
  • Colby Rasmus is having a "precautionary" MRI on his hamstring. I'm hoping that doesn't mean he's getting worse instead of better.
  • Sergio Santos, on the other hand, is doing good and is ready to throw again.

I like that we have better infield defense for Happ, I don't think he could survive the number of errors and misplays we had yesterday.

Jiffy Lube (he's tomorrow) Felix Doubront starts for the Red Sox. He's 2-3, 4.54 ERA.

Today's Lineups

TORONTO BLUE JAYS BOSTON RED SOX
Jose Reyes - SS Dustin Pedroia - 2B
Melky Cabrera - LF Shane Victorino - RF
Jose Bautista - RF David Ortiz - DH
E. Encarnacion - 1B Mike Napoli - 1B
Brett Lawrie - 3B Jonny Gomes - LF
Dioner Navarro - DH Xander Bogaerts - SS
Steve Tolleson - 2B Brock Holt - 3B
Erik Kratz - C David Ross - C
Kevin Pillar - CF Jackie Bradley - CF
J.A. Happ - LHP Felix Doubront - LHP