Who's Up, Who's Down On the Blue Jays: Batters

Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports

Over the last couple of weeks the Blue Jays are 8-5. The batters hit .251/.317/.471 and averaged exactly 5 runs a game.

Batters

Red_down_medium

Dioner Navarro Dioner played 9 of the 13 games, starting 6, between a tight quad muscle and a few days on the bereavement list. He didn't hit well, just 3 singles in 26 at bats, for a .115/.143/.115 line, with 2 RBI, 1 walk and 5 strikeouts.

Blue_up_medium

Edwin Encarnacion

Edwin started all 13 games. Hit .286/.340/.816 with 7 home runs, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 14 RBI, 4 walks, 7 k. I think we can give that an up arrow.

Blue_up_medium

Juan Francisco

Juan played in 12 games, starting 11. He hit .308/.349/.769, 3 doubles, 5 home runs, 12 RBI, 1 caught stealing, 3 walks and 18 k. I don't know why anyone would throw him a fastball. His defense, at third,  has been...less than great. He has 4 errors and a .886 fielding average, to go along with a lack of range. But then the bat is pretty decent.

Blue_up_medium

Jose Reyes

Jose started 12 of 13 games. He's got his bat going, .273/.389/.523 with 6 doubles, 1 triple, 1 home run, 3 RBI, 8 walks, 5 strikeouts, 4 steals, caught once. His lack of range is annoying, but I like the .389 OBP in the leadoff spot.

Blue_up_medium

Brett Lawrie

Brett started 7 of the games, hitting .269/.345/.500, 3 doubles, 1 home runs, 3 RBI, 3 walks and 9 k. He can have a terrible at bat and the next one look great.  I'm not a fan of him playing second base, but I'll live with it.

Red_down_medium

Melky Cabrera

Melky started all 13 games, 1 at DH. He's not as hot as he was at the start of the season. .224/.304/.265, 2 doubles, 6 RBI, 6 walks, 7 k, 1 steal, 1 caught. I'd like him to get the odd day off.

Red_down_medium

Colby Rasmus

Colby played in 6 games before hitting the DL. He he .182/.182/.455, with 2 singles and 2 homers, 3 RBI, 0 walks and 8 k.

Blue_up_medium

Jose Bautista Jose started all 13 games, starting one of them in CF. I'd like them to DH him occasionally, as well as a few of the other guys on the team, to rest hamstrings. He hit .313/.382/.479, with 2 doubles and 2 home runs, 10 RBI, 5 walks and 12 strikeouts.

Blue_up_medium

Adam Lind

Adam played in 10 games, starting 9, he hit .294/.333/.500 with 4 doubles, 1 home run, 5 RBI, 2 walks an 9 strikeouts.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Josh Thole

Played in 5 games starting 4. Hit .250/.400/.250, 3 singles, 1 RBI, 1 caught stealing, 3 walks and 2 strikeouts.

Blue_up_medium

Steve Tolleson

Steve played in 10 games, starting 6. He hit .261/.346/.522, with 6 hits, 4 doubles, 1 triple, 1 RBI, 3 walks and 7 strikeouts. Have to like 5 of 6 hits being for extra bases.

Red_down_medium

Kevin Pillar

Played in 6 games, starting 3. He had 2 hits in 12 at bats, 1 double, 4 strikeouts. .167/.167/.250. Not good.

Arrow_up_3

Anthony Gose

Anthony started 4 games, hit .222/.462/.333, 2 hits, 1 double, 1 steal, 1 caught, 3 walks and 4 strikeouts. I really like watching him in the outfield.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Erik Kratz

I can never remember if he is on the roster or not (I think he is at the moment, but ask again tomorrow). He's played in 6 games, starting 5, hitting .250/.250/.400, 1 home run,. 2 RBI, 3 k.