Game 51 GameThread: A's @ Blue Jays

Tom Szczerbowski

Go Jays Go

Took my boys to see the X-Men movie last night, it was a lot of fun. Time travel stories are always kind of iffy but they did a good job with this one.

The Blue Jays have a shot at another sweep. J.A. Happ gets the start. I'm not really a fan but he has has a couple of decent starts in a row. Drew Pomeranz starts for the A's. He is 4-1 with a 0.94 ERA in 12 games, 3 starts. He's 3-0 with a 0 ERA in his 3 starts, 15 innings, 8 hits, 4 walks and 16 strikeouts. His ERA won't be 0 after today.

This winning stuff is fun, we've won 5 in a row, 10 of our last 12, and no one on Twitter has felt like informing me that 'the season is over' or that we are going to lose 100 games this year.

Today's Lineups

OAKLAND A'S TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Coco Crisp - DH Jose Reyes - SS
Josh Donaldson - 3B Melky Cabrera - LF
Jed Lowrie - SS Jose Bautista - RF
Yoenis Cespedes - LF E. Encarnacion - 1B
Derek Norris - C Brett Lawrie - 3B
Brandon Moss - RF Dioner Navarro - DH
A. Callaspo - 2B Steve Tolleson - 2B
Kyle Blanks - 1B Erik Kratz - C
Craig Gentry - CF Kevin Pillar - CF
Drew Pomeranz - LHP J.A. Happ - LHP

Added into the fun of the Jays winning, the Red Sox lost their 9th in a row last night. And, better yet, it took 15 innings for the Rays to beat them, taxing the Rays' bullpen. Since we play them next the more innings their bullpen pitches the better.