Blue Jays sign Mike Zagurski

Mike Zagurski - Lance Iversen-USA TODAY Sports

The minor moves keep coming, the Jays have signed Mike Zagurski to a minor league deal. Zagurski is a left-handed pitcher who opted out of his minor league deal with the Indians last week.

He is 31, and has spent parts of 5 seasons in the majors, pitching in 89 games. with a 7.05 ERA. 75 innings, 85 hits, 46 walks and 75 strikeouts. This season at Triple-A Columbus he had a 2.76 ERa in 16 innings allowing 11 hits, 10 walks with 22 strikeouts. The walks seem like a bit much.

Again, it is a depth move. It give the Bisons another left-hander in the pen.

Buffalo also picked up a few other players. Deck McGuire and A.J. Jimenez made the jump from New Hampshire to Buffalo. They both played for the Bisons last night. Deck went 5.2 innings, allowing 6 hits, 2 walks, 2 earned with 2 strikeouts to get the win. Jimenez was 2 for 5. Esmil Rogers pitched 2.1 scoreless innings.

Jack Murphy and Austin Bibens-Dirks were sent down from Buffalo to New Hampshire.