FanPost

Divisional Rivals Game Thread: Wed May 28th 2014

Mike McGinnis

The same BBB rules apply as the main Blue Jays game threads, except gifs and photos are welcome here.

  • Pretty good day yesterday. We were 2-1 in divisional rival losses. Both the Yankees and Orioles lost, giving us a 3 game lead in the AL East over New York, and a 3.5 game lead over Baltimore. The Red Sox bats have woken up recently and have won 2 straight against the Braves, but they are still far down the standings ladder tied with the Rays at 8 games back.

  • One of the greatest baseball sequences I've ever witnessed occurred last night. With the game tied 6-6 in the bottom of the 10th (the Brewers blew an early 5-0 lead), Orioles skipper Buck Showalter decided to intentionally walk former Oriole Mark Reynolds to get to their pitcher with 2 outs. The Brewers pinch-hit for Francisco Rodriguez with Yovani Gallardo (their starting pitcher for today's game), as they were out of position bench players to hit for Rodriguez. Gallardo smoked a fastball to the gap in LF, and Reynolds scored easily on the play. Walk-off PH pitcher. Gotta love NL baseball.

Check it out

Today's Divisional Rivals Matchups

Away Home Time (ET) Away Probable Home Probable
Braves
Red Sox
7:10pm
Floyd (0-1)
Lackey (5-3)
Orioles
Brewers
8:10pm
Norris (3-4)
Gallardo (2-3)
Yankees
Cardinals
8:15pm
Kuroda (3-3)
Miller (6-3)

and of course the Rays are playing us, as we are looking for our 9th straight victory, and third straight series sweep!