Game 55 GameThread: Royals @ Blue Jays

Ed Zurga

The start of a new series, four games against the Royals. We have R.A. Dickey starting. The nice thing is that, after his last start we don't have to worry so much about whether the roof is open or closed.

Dickey is 5-4 with a 3.95 ERA on the season. His May has been much better than April was, he's 3-1 with a 2.73 ERA in May, 5 starts, 33 innings, 13 walks and 24 strikeouts.

James Shields is 6-3 with a 2.95 ERA, but his May hasn't been as good, 4.05 ERA, 5 starts, 33.1 innings, 6 hits, 22 strikeouts. Career, against the Jays, he is 12 and 6 with a 3.09 ERA, but then this is a different Blue Jays team than the ones he has faced in the past.

Today's Lineups

KANSAS CITY ROYALS TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Norichika Aoki - RF Jose Reyes - SS
Omar Infante - 2B Melky Cabrera - LF