Sergio Santos out as closer, Jays to go 'by committee'

Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports

More news:

Yeah, not a surprise. Santos has given up 3 runs in 3 of his last 6 appearances. I don't know what is going on with him. He never gave up more than 2 runs (and only once did he give up 2) in any appearance last year.

So the closer role will go to Loup or Cecil or Delabar depending on Gibby's mood and who draws the short straw.

Also:

And Gibbons has said that J.A. Happ will stay in the rotation after his Monday start, effectively getting Morrow's spot. I had hopes we were going to get to see Marcus Stroman, and I think we might soon. It sounds like Gibby would like to have Dustin McGowan in the bullpen.