Blue Jays call up Bobby Korecky, send down Rob Rasmussen

Korecky - Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports

It's been a few days since we've had a roster move, I'm sure Alex was feeling withdrawl symptoms. But he'll be better today.

The Blue Jays have send Rob Rasmussen down to Buffalo. Rob only pitched 4 times for us, 2 innings, 0 earned runs, 2 hits, 1 walk, 1 hit batter, 2 strikeouts. He had some problems in last night's game, but if Reyes would have made the throw to first, it would have gone so much better.

Up come Bobby Korecky. Korecky pitched in 22 games for the Bisons and has a 0.29 ERA in 31 innings, allowing 16 hits, 8 walks with 32 strikeouts. Pretty amazing numbers. Korecky is a 34 year old right-hander. He's pitched in the majors for 3 different teams, a total of 24.2 innings, with a 7.30 ERA. He got into 1 game as a Blue Jay, back in 2012, giving up a walk and a home run in his 1 inning of work.

Korecky had to be added to the 40-man. That gives us 40 players on our 40-man roster. I was hoping they were holding the extra spot for a trade but I guess not.

Welcome to the team, Bobby, hope it is a long successful stint.

Latest News