Not an exciting game, Jays lose to Royals

Edwin and Kratz bump going for a popup. - Nick Turchiaro-USA TODAY Sports

Royals 6 Blue Jays 1

Just one of those games.

It really looked like Gibby was having J.A. Happ take one for the team. He went 7.2, allowed 9 hits, 6 earned, 2 walks, with 6 strikeouts. And was left out there to throw 116 pitches. That's really way too many for Happ. At the end of 5 innings he had allowed 3 runs, and likely could have come out there. He game up one more in the 6th, and really should have come out there. He did have a scoreless 7th but there is no way he should have been allowed to pitch in the 8th. But, he did, and he gave up a leadoff single, got a strikeout and a fly out, then Lorenzo Cain homered. And then Gibby took him out. Too late, but then we didn't score, so it didn't matter so much.

Gibby left him out there too long, but then our offense only scored 1 run, so we weren't likely to win. We did get 8 hits and 7 walks....that should have added up to more than 1 run. We didn't get the big hit when we needed it. Our only run was a Jose Bautista opposite field homer.

When Jose Reyes tripled, to start the game, I figured on a better ending, but we couldn't score him. We had two hits each from Jose Bautista and Dioner Navarro. Jose also had 2 walks. The Royals were smart enough to walk Edwin Encarnacion 3 times.

The only ones in the starting lineup not to reach base were Melky Cabrera and Kevin Pillar.

About the only good moment of the game was Jose Bautista getting a 9-3 putout for the second day in a row. In the 7th, Omar Infante popped up to right field, Bautista made a sliding attempt at a catch but just missed it. Infante, apparently thought it would be foul and didn't run, Jose popped up and made a good throw to first to get him by several steps.

Bobby Korecky pitched for us for the first time since 2012 and was a lot more successful, going a scoreless 1.1, not allowing a base runner.

Jays of the Day are Bautista (.152, plus the 9-3 out).

Suckage goes to Cabrera (-.116), Pillar (-.119) and Lawrie (-.096). Happ also had the number, at -.168 and I guess he deserves it, he wasn't good, but then he should have been out of their earlier.

We only had 920 comments....it was a pretty boring game, I had a hard time staying interested. Reyden deserves a lot of credit for leading the way with 127 comments. Great job.

# Commenter # Comments
2 BrownMagician 93
3 ABsteve 77
4 Tom Dakers 72