FanPost

Mock draft idea?

With about a month to go before the mlb draft on June 5-7, I would like to propose an idea for Tom & The Gang.

Let's do a mock draft, with the top dogs of the different SB Nation sites doing the drafting.

So the first overall pick will be made by The Crawfish Boxes site (Astros). The second pick will be made by the Fish Stripes (Marlins). And our own Captain Tom will make picks 9 and 11.

This would take place over time, as obviously the picks made will depend on the players still available. Which I why I suggest that we start now, with a month-ish left to go.

I would suggest that each drafter be asked to post their choice with a brief explanation as to why he/she chose the player they did (and possibly why they did not take other players - "I would have taken XXX but I have concerns about his ability to remain at C " or "I did not choose YYY because I am not convinced that his breaking stuff will ever come around")

This could even be run as a simultaneous post, with each of the sites reproducing it (if so inclined). If so, it would be a nice way for the different blogs to get together.

Clearly, someone would have to coordinate. And it is easy for me to nominate Tom [grin!]. But in theory it should not be an excessive amount of work, as most blogs will only have a single pick, and therefore a single post.

What do you think?