A four game sweep. Or is that two two game sweeps?

Love seeing the guys happy. - Dan Hamilton-USA TODAY Sports

Phillies 6 Blue Jays 12

Now that was a fun series of baseball. Over the 3 games we outscored the Phillies 31 to 11. Nice to be above .500 again.

Tonight was a home run derby night, we had 5 home runs. 2 for Edwin Encarnacion (I love watching Edwin when he is locked in like this), 1 each for Colby Rasmus, Adam Lind and Juan Francisco

We had 13 hits in all. 3 each for Francisco and Encarnacion. 2  for Melky Cabrera. Everyone else in the starting lineup had 1 except Chris Getz, who had an 0 for 4, but then he wasn't needed. Jose Bautista got a hit in his last at bat to keep his on base streak going.

R.A. Dickey was good enough. Not great. He pitched himself into and out of trouble most innings. He went 6.1 innings, allowing 7 hits, 3 walks, 3 earned with 8 strikeouts.

Aaron Loup, Marcus Stroman and Esmil Rogers pitched the last 2.2. Stroman was impressive, pitching 1.1 perfect, with a strikeout. I'm enjoying watching him. I'd still rather him as a starter, but he has been a welcome addition to the bullpen. Rogers had some troubles in the 9th, giving up 3 runs off 2 hits, including a home run and a walk, but the game was well in hand by then.

Jays of the Day are Dickey (.120 WPA), Edwin (.133), Francisco (.123) and Reyes (.103). Reyes lost a chance at a triple when a fan grabbed his hit down the right field line. He also had 2 stolen bases.

No Suckage Jays, Getz had the low mark at -.045.

That gets us back above .500, yay. At the moment we are a game back of Baltimore and New York, though the Orioles are winning as I type this. The nice thing about the 5 game win streak is it has quieted the jerks on my twitter feed who want to tell me how the Jays are going to lose 100 games every time they lose one.

The GameThread had 1430 comments. Kraemer_17 led the way again. Great job.

# Commenter # Comments
2 T-Ball 95
3 MjwW 87
4 publius varrus 84