Game 58 GameThread: Royals @ Jays

That was the best month of baseball we've had in a long time. The Jays went 21-9. We are in first place. Life is good. Of course, we were 20-10 in 2008 and then, before the end of June, John Gibbons was fired.

I'm sad I missed the game yesterday. I did enjoy listening to the first couple innings on the radio. It doesn't seem like Blue Jays baseball that we score 12 runs without a home run. 4 RBI for Juan Francisco and 3 for Brett Lawrie.

I didn't get to the JoD yesterday. Jose Bautista was the only one with the number (.118 WPA), but I'm going to give one to Marcus Stroman too. Everyone in the lineup deserves and honorable mention. Well, Anthony Gose didn't have a good day, with an 0 for 4 and a -.044 WPA.

Today's lineups:

Today's Lineups

KANSAS CITY ROYALS TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Norichika Aoki - RF Jose Reyes - SS
Omar Infante - 2B Melky Cabrera - LF
Eric Hosmer - 1B Jose Bautista - RF
Billy Butler - DH Adam Lind - DH
Alex Gordon - LF E. Encarnacion - 1B
Salvador Perez - C Juan Francisco - 3B
Lorenzo Cain - CF Brett Lawrie - 2B
Mike Moustakas - 3B Dioner Navarro - C
Alcides Escobar - SS Anthony Gose - CF
Jeremy Guthrie - RHP Mark Buehrle - LHP

Mark Buehrle is going for his 10th win of the season. He picked up his 10th win on August 25th last year.

Here is yesterday's leaderboard, Reyden led us to victory, great job. A total of 1205 comments, with a game that was over after the first inning is pretty impressive.

# Commenter # Comments
2 Chuck Diesel 117
3 Damaso's Burnt Shirt 99
4 J.Bruce 80