Game 67 GameThread: Twins @ Blue Jays

Dan Hamilton-USA TODAY Sports

An afternoon game on a travel day.

Twins have their best starter going today, Phil Hughes is 6-2 3.46. Marcus Stroman is throwin like he is our best starter. 2 starts, 2 wins. Do have to like that.

It has been so long since we've had a roster move....I hate the 8-man pen and I'm not thrilled with the idea of Steve Tolleson being our 4th outfielder, but such is life.

I can't imagine what Earl Weaver would think about having 3 catchers, 8 guys in the pen and no real backup outfielders or anyone that would be a good pinch hitter or pinch runner on the bench. Well, actually, I know what he'd think. He'd hate it. He liked having options on the bench. No way would he have this.

Today's Lineups

MINNESOTA TWINS TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Danny Santana - CF Jose Reyes - SS
Brian Dozier - 2B Melky Cabrera - LF
Joe Mauer - 1B Jose Bautista - RF
Josh Willingham - LF E. Encarnacion - DH
Kendrys Morales - DH Adam Lind - 1B
Oswaldo Arcia - RF Brett Lawrie - 3B
Trevor Plouffe - 3B Erik Kratz - C
Kurt Suzuki - C Steve Tolleson - 2B