Blue Jays send Kevin Pillar to Buffalo, call Bobby Korecky up

Nick Turchiaro-USA TODAY Sports

I don't have a press release on this yet but

Nope, wasn't expecting that one.

Pillar was hitting .243/.237/.324 in 37 at bats with the Blue Jays. He had a walkoff hit the other night.

Bobby Korecky is doing a great job in Buffalo, he's allowed just 1 hit in his last 6 appearances. He has a 0.26 ERA at Buffalo, 17 hits, 9 walks and 35 strikeouts in 34.1 innings. It is his second time up with the Jays this season, he pitched 1.1 clean in his one appearance.

So I guess we are back to the 8-man bullpen, I don't understand why. I guess Todd Redmond and Chad Jenkins might not be available today but still there should be lots of arms down in the pen. Oh well, don't try to out guess them.

Bye Kevin, I'm sure we'll see you again. Welcome Bobby, hope it is a long stay this time.