FanPost

Wildly Speculative, Cart-Before-the-Horse, Pitching Question

This past weekend, while enjoying a few beverages on the deck, a friend of mine asked me: "If the Jays ended the season with a wildcard, who would you start?"

Buerhle seems like the obvious answer at this point in the season but I think that my expectation that he will eventually begin to regress toward the mean makes me a little leery of this choice (even in my highly-hypothetical scenario, I can't help but be negative....I'm turning into one of the fans I hate).

Everyone in the rotation has their warts, but each is capable of pitching a gem. So I'm putting the question out there to you. If you could send one of the current starters to the mound for the Blue Jays in a one game wildcard match, who would it be?