Neil Wagner placed on disabled list, sent to Florida for re-evaluation for forearm tightness

Nick Turchiaro-USA TODAY Sports

As Julian Santiago reported from Buffalo, the Bisons had an injury-filled day on Sunday, rivalling the darkest days of the 2012 Blue Jays season when Tom Dakers came into town. Today, the Bisons announced that one of the pitchers who was hurt on Sunday, Neil Wagner, was placed on the seven-day minor league disabled list. Also going onto the DL are relievers John Stilson and outfielder Brad Glenn.

Wagner, who was demoted to triple-A after a disastrous outing in that blowout against Cleveland a few weeks ago, was pulled from his outing having felt "forearm tightness." Wagner had just blown a save, and was pulled after feeling pain after sailing a pitch to the backstop shortly after that. His situation seems to be the most severe of the bunch, as he was sent off to Florida for further re-evaluations.

Go visit Amy Moritz's injury update blog entry over at The Buffalo News for more detailed updates, but to summarize, Ricky Romero will be "out a little while," Rob Rasmussen just has a bruise so is day-to-day, and Sean Nolin was described somewhat ominously as "fine." The Bisons called up lefty reliever Richard Bleier from New Hampshire, and Brett Carroll comes off the DL to fill Glenn's spot on the roster.

The Blue Jays have yet to announce a corresponding move for Liam Hendriks's optioning to Buffalo on Sunday. However, it's not like they have a wealth of healthy choices from the Bisons. With the injuries, Kyle Drabek starting tonight, and Bobby Korecky ineligible for recall, the likely candidate for the callup tomorrow is Chad Jenkins. Jenkins last started Thursday, meaning that he should be well-rested to join the big club on Tuesday.