Brett Lawrie and Jose Bautista leave game with injury

David Kohl-USA TODAY Sports

Brett Lawrie was hit by a pitch on his right hand, in the second inning of today's game and had to come out of the game. And, the next inning, Jose Bautista left with a leg injury.

Bautista's injury forced Gibby to put the already hurting Jose Reyes into the game.

It hasn't been a fun few days to be a Jays fan.

UPDATE (Minor Leaguer)

Brett Lawrie will be out some time after the X-rays revealed that his right index finger had a fracture, as reported by TSN's Scott MacArthur. Jose Bautista will be going for an MRI tomorrow (I assume in Toronto) with tightness in his left leg.

Lawrie will have to be placed on the 15-day disabled list, and a callup from the Bisons is likely. With Bautista questionable for Monday's game against the Yankees, an outfielder--Kevin Pillar or Anthony Gose--will likely be recalled.