Jays Lose Game, Lawrie, Bautista Out

Joe Robbins

RedsBlue Jays 3

Hard day today. Lawrie leaves game early with fractured right index finger, after taking a high and inside pitch. Bautista will leave as well with hamstring tightness, after beating out a throw to first on a bunt. Tolleson came in to replace Lawrie at 2nd and later made the move to RF when Bautista went out. Reyes would come in to replace Bautista (knee looking fine).

R.A Dickey had a pretty good outing, he pitched 7.2 innings getting 7 K's, but also gave up 9 hits, 2 walks, 4 runs, 3 earned, and 1 homerun. He would deliver 118 pitches for 89 strikes. He showed great command with the knuckleball today, really sending them in. Sergio Santos would come in the 8th to relieve Dickey to get the final out.

Encarnacion did well at the plate today, batting 2-4, with a single, and homered a fly ball to left field.

Jay of the Day Edwin Encarnacion for batting .500 and lifting a solo shot high.

Suckage? Juan Francisco who struckout twice on 4 at bats and didn't perform great defensively.