Who's up, Who's down: Blue Jays pitchers

Tom Szczerbowski-USA TODAY Sports

A look at how the Blue Jays pitchers performed over the past two weeks.

Over the past two weeks our pitchers have a 4.90 ERA, with the 4-8 record. There were some good starts ruined by bad offense but we've also had some lousy pitching.

Pitchers

Arrow_around_3_medium

R.A. Dickey

R.A. made 2 starts, both losses, but he really didn't pitch all that bad. 0-2, 3.14 ERA, 14.1 innings, 15 hits, 2 home runs, 4 walks and 11 strikeouts. Batters hit .268/.323/.429 against him. Both games were 1-run losses. If we were hitting like last month, we'd be very happy with those starts.

Red_down_medium

Mark Buehrle

Mark made 2 starts, one that was sort of bad (4 earned in 6.1 innings) and one that was sort of good (2 earned in 6 innings) but both losses. He was 0-2, with a 4.38 ERA, 12.1 innings pitched, 14 hits, 2 home runs, 3 walks and 7 strikeouts. Batters hit .280/.321/.460 against him. He was getting some luck with balls staying in the park for him, earlier in the season, had to think that wouldn't continue all season long.

Red_down_medium

J.A. Happ

He made two starts, one was good, one was awful. He was 1-1 with a 7.20 ERA, 10 innings, 14 hits, 1 home run, 4 walks an 11 strikeouts. Batters hit .333/.383/.500 against him. In the good game, he went 6 innings, allowing 7 hits, no walks and 1 earned. The bad start (of course, against the Yankees), he went just 4 innings, allowing 7 hits, 4 walks an 7 earned.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Drew Hutchison

Drew had  1 great start (7 shutout innings) and one bad start (4.1 innings, 4 earned). In all 1-1, 3.18 ERA, 12 hits, 4 walks an 6 strikeouts in 11.1 innings. Batters hit ..293/.347/.366 against him. A bit more consistency would be ok by me.

Blue_up_medium

Dustin McGowan

Dustin made 4 appearances, out of the bullpen, and was amazing. 1 win and 2 holds with a 1.80 ERA. He faced 18 batters, allowed 2 hits  and 1 walk, with 5 strikeouts. Batters hit  .118/.167/.294 against him. There was the one home run against. He's been great since moving to the bullpen.

Blue_up_medium

Casey Janssen

Casey only got into 2 games, since we were so awful these past two weeks. He picke up his 12th save. Only faced 8 hitters, giving up just 1 single, no walks with 3 strikeouts. I'm hoping he'll get more save chances over the next couple of weeks.

Red_down_medium

Steve Delabar

Down and up and down again, Steve pitched in 2 games, 1.2 innings, allowing 2 hits and 3 walks. Batters hit .286/.500/.286 against him. All-Star one year, can't find the strike zone the next.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Aaron Loup

Loup pitched in 5 games, 4.1 innings, giving up 4 hits, 2 walks with 4 strikeouts and 2 earned. He faced 20 batters, who hit .235/.350/.294 against him.

Red-cross-icon-1_medium

Brett Cecil

Brett pitched in  3 games, 2 total innings, before going on the DL. He gave up 6 hits, 1 walk with 1 strikeout over those 2 innings. Faced 12 batters, who hit .545/.583/.727 against him.

Blue_up_medium

Sergio Santos

Came off the DL and pitched in 4 games, 3.1 innings, allowing just 2 hits, no walks with 1 k. He faced 12 batters, who hit .167/.167/.333 against him. A couple more weeks like this and Gibby will start trusting him again.

Blue_up_medium

Marcus Stroman

He made 3 starts. 2 were good, 1 wasn't. The strike zone in his game against the Yankees was just awful. Over the 3 games, he was 1-2, with a 3.06 ERA. In 17.2 innings, he allowed 16 hits, 3 home runs, 4 walks with 13 strikeouts. Batters hit .239/.278/.433 against him. He's quite good, as a starter.

Blue_up_medium

Todd Redmond

He pitched in just 2 games, 5.1 innings. I figured he would have had more work with all the mop up games we've had. He had 5.06 ERA. He faced 21 batters, who hit .158/.238/.316 with 1 home run, 2 walks and 3 strikeouts. Hard to figure out how he could have given up 3 earned with that sort of batting line against.

Red_down_medium

Chad Jenkins

I think there should be a Twitter account "is Chad Jenkins in the majors today".  Right now he is. Pitched in 5 games, 4.2 innings, allowed 8 its, 5 earned, 1 walk and no strikeouts. He faced 24 batters who hit .348/.375/.391 against him. If he wants to stay up with the big league team, he has to do better than that.

Red_down_medium

Liam Hendriks

Came up to make a spot start, was terrible, and was sent back down. Pitched 1.2 innings, allowed 6 hits, 6 earned, 1 home run, 1 walk with no strikeouts. The good news was that the Jays made a great come back. I'd be happy if we down see him again.

Rob Rasmussen also pitched in 1 game, going 3 innings, allowing 3 hits, 1 walk,  1 home run and 3 earned.