Dalton Pompey and Daniel Norris to Represent Blue Jays at Futures Game

USA TODAY Sports

Two Blue Jays players will represent the organization in Minnesota at the Futures Game on Sunday July 13th at 5pm EST. Switch-hitting center fielder Dalton Pompey of Mississauga and left-handed pitcher Daniel Norris of Johnson City, Tennessee were selected to the World and USA rosters respectively for the annual prospect showcase. Along with Pompey and Norris, top prospects like Javier Baez, Noah Syndergaard, and Kris Bryant will also play in the game that always gives a great look at the next wave of MLB talent.

Pompey, a 21-year-old, has torn it up at Dunedin this season hitting .312/.392/.460 and is shooting his way up Blue Jays prospect lists. Selected in the 16th round of the 2010 draft, the Canadian started slowly in pro ball, but has found his swing and has played fantastic defence as well. He's also got some speed to burn:

Norris on the other hand is a 21-year-old lefty pitcher who was drafted in the 2nd round of the 2011 draft. He struggled mightily when he first entered pro ball and had serious control issues before reducing the walks this season, which has recently led to a promotion to New Hampshire. Norris has always been able to strike people out, which is reflected by his 10.6 K/9 rate this year.