GameThread for Game 80: Yankees @ Blue Jays

Nick Turchiaro-USA TODAY Sports

So, a 'statement game'. A shot at a sweep. Not that I want to sound like a complainer, but I really could have used this sweep when I was in New York. There are few things as depressing as sitting in another teams stadium, watching your team suck. But I just kept asking people why the studium had the team flags up in the order they were. Yankee Stadium flies the flags in the order of the standings.

Drew Hutchison is 5-5 with a 3.86 ERA. He's had troubles at home, but I figure that's a sample size thing.

Hiroki Kuroda is 4-5 with a 4.23 ERA. He is 1-3, with a 5.65 ERA in 5 Roger Centre starts.

Today's Lineups

NEW YORK YANKEES TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Brett Gardner - LF Jose Reyes - SS
Derek Jeter - SS Melky Cabrera - LF
Jacoby Ellsbury - CF Adam Lind - 1B
Mark Teixeira - 1B E. Encarnacion - DH
Carlos Beltran - DH Dioner Navarro - C
Ichiro Suzuki - RF Juan Francisco - 3B
Brian Roberts - 2B Colby Rasmus - CF
Kelly Johnson - 3B M. Kawasaki - 2B
F. Cervelli - C Anthony Gose - RF
Hiroki Kuroda - RHP Drew Hutchison - RHP