Blue Jays roster moves: Brad Glenn up, Kevin Pillar down

Dan Hamilton-USA TODAY Sports

Update: Apparently Kevin Pillar didn't take to well to being pinch hit for last night, I didn't see it but some folks mentioned he threw his bat and gloves after being taken out.

If you aren't hitting, you better be a good teammate.

Noah's GIF:

Pillar_medium

You can file this under "roster moves I don't understand the reasons why", but....

The Blue Jays have sent Kevin Pillar down to Buffalo and called up Brad Glenn. To make room on the 40-man, the Jays have designated Jonathan Diaz for assignment.

Glenn is a 27 year old outfielder who is having a good season for the Bisons. He is hitting .381/.421/.575 in 30 games, with 4 home runs and 2 stolen bases. He has mostly played right field but has played left and first base as well (I'm hoping this doesn't mean that they are figuring Edwin might need some rest). Glenn was the Jays 23rd round pick in 2009. In 591 minor league games, over 6 seasons, Brad has a .260/.325/.468 batting line. This is his first trip to the majors. With Edwin, likely, a little sore, even if he says he's not, and Adam Lind with sore legs and hobbling. another guy that can handle a first baseman glove.

Pillar, well, hasn't been good, hitting .225/.220/.300 but only had 3 at bats since being called up Monday for this latest stint with the Jays. He was hitting great in Buffalo too, before the call up.

Diaz had a few games with the Jays earlier this season, hitting .158/.256/.184 in 23 games. In Buffalo he's hitting .165/.340/.278.

Welcome Brad, I hope you have a good long stay. Bye Kevin, I'm sure we'll see you again before long.

In other news, Edwin is playing today, at DH. And Jose Bautista doesn't think he'll need the DH won't be playing for at least a couple more days.