Blue Jays move Dalton Pompey up to New Hampshire

USA TODAY Sports

This morning, Dalton Pompey tweeted this:

It has been a pretty good week for Dalton, he was selected to the Futures Game and now he's moving up to Double-A.

In Dunedin Dalton was hitting .319/.397/.471 in 70 games, with 6 homers, 6 triples, 29 stolen bases (caught just twice), 35 walks and 56 strikeouts. He turned 21 back in December, so he's young for AA ball.

Dalton was our 16th round pick in 2010 and, since then, has spent his time proving  that he should have gone much earlier. Now that he's in Double-A we can start dreaming on when we could see him in Toronto. It would be nice to have a home town hero, or at least a nearly home town hero, since he's from Mississauga.