Blue Jays Recall OF Darin Mastroianni, Option LHP Rob Rasmussen To Buffalo

John E. Sokolowski-USA TODAY Sports

The Blue Jays added another right-handed bat the to the roster this morning with the call-up of outfielder Darin Mastroianni. Going the other way is lefty Rob Rasmussen after a hitless inning pitched last night. Darin has played eight games in the big leagues this year (seven with the Twins and one with the Blue Jays) collecting zero hits and one walk. Rasmussen on the other hand has appeared out of the bullpen seven times for Toronto, allowing four earned runs over six innings as well as seven strikeouts. As you'll recall, the lefty came to the Blue Jays from the Phillies in the Brad Lincoln trade this offseason.

If you're keeping score at home, this brings the Blue Jays roster to 11 pitchers, two catchers, six infielders, and six outfielders. This move obviously isn't going to be a long-term one as they just need another right-handed bat to go up against Chris Sale today and Jose Quintana tomorrow as they wait for Jose Bautista to be healthy enough to play.

Once Bautsita is healthy enough to return, one of Brad Glenn or Mastroianni (or both) can be returned to Buffalo and another well-rested reliever can join the big league squad. This roster has really seen some stuff these first three months of the season.

Here's the Blue Jays roster today, with just two lefties to go up against Sale:

Latest News

In This Article

Teams
Players