One bad pitch, Jays lose to White Sox

Edwin tagging out Dunn - Tom Szczerbowski

White Sox 4 Blue Jays 3

A great start by Marcus Stroman ruined by one pitch from Dustin McGowan.

Stroman was amazing for 6.2 innings. Until that point he had allowed 1 hit and 1 walk, with 6 strikeouts. Then, 2 outs into the 7th, he gave up a Jose Abreu double and a walk to Adam Dunn and was pulled for Dustin McGowan.

To me it's the right move, he's throw 96 pitches, he wasn't hitting the corners anymore and he's just 23, making his 6th major league start. Get him out while he can be happy with his day. And, you have to have confidence in your bullpen. Of course, I'm not a 'fire Gibby' type. Those ones will hate the move..

Anyway, sometimes the right move doesn't work. Dustin came in and threw a meat ball to Dayan Viciedo and suddenly our 2-0 lead was a 3--2 trail.

Dustin and Aaron Loup combined to give up another run in the 8th. Casey Janssen decided to create some drama for himself, loading the bases, with no outs, in the 9th, but pitching out of it.

On offense, we scored 2 in the 4th on a Darin Mastroianni home run. Our offense was able to work 5 walks off Chris Sale, a pretty good job, but only scored the 2 runs in 7 innings.

We tried for a comeback in the 9th. Anthony Gose led off with a double. Munenori Kawasaki followed with a single, to make it a 1 run game, but Jose Reyes, Melky Cabrera and Edwin Encarnacion couldn't bring in the tying

Jays of the Day are Stroman (.357 WPA, 2 hits, 2 walks and 6 k, super start), Mastroianni (.192), and Gose (.110).

Suckage: McGowan (-.440), Cabrera (-.276), Reyes (-.137), Edwin (-.114), Rasmus (-.107) and Loup (-.097).

I'll admit I hate when we lose two in a row, all the "sky is falling" stuff comes out.

Smaller game thread than normal....Saturday afternoon I guess. 692 comments. brigstew gritted out the win.

# Commenter # Comments
1 brigstew 87
2 Pikachu 86
3 MjwW 85