Game 59 GameThread: Jays @ Tigers

Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports

Go Jays Go

The start of another series, this time the Blue Jays are in Detroit to face the Tigers. I just listened to the idiot on Sportsnet telling us that this is a statement series. Just shoot me.

Couple of little bits of news:

  • Edwin Encarnacion was named AL Player of the Month for May. I know that surprises all of you.
  • And, if you are tired of reading stuff from me and you think 'hey I'd like to just listen to Tom', last night I talked to Phil Naessens about our team. Phil talked to me, over skype, from Greece. I should have asked him to fly me over for the conversation.

Here are tonight's lineups:

Today's Lineups

TORONTO BLUE JAYS DETROIT TIGERS
Jose Reyes - SS Ian Kinsler - 2B
Melky Cabrera - LF Torii Hunter - RF
Jose Bautista - RF Miguel Cabrera - 1B
E. Encarnacion - 1B Victor Martinez - DH
Adam Lind - DH J.D. Martinez - LF
Brett Lawrie - 2B Don Kelly - 3B
Juan Francisco - 3B Austin Jackson - CF
Dioner Navarro - C Alex Avila - C
Anthony Gose - CF Andrew Romine - SS
Drew Hutchison - RHP Anibal Sanchez - RHP

Now guys, this is a statement GameThread. Win or else, or else ummmm, you'll hae to win tomorrow, or one of the other GameThreads.

In This Article

Events
Teams