Blue Jays call up Chad Jenkins

Tom Szczerbowski

Chad Jenkins is the one called up, by the Blue Jays, to take the place of Liam Hendriks.

Chad, as you know, has been up and down a bunch this is his 4th call up this season. We should have a pool on how many batters he faces before going back down to Buffalo. Minor Leaguer made this nice little chart:

Chad_medium

I'm feeling sorry for the guy, but then he's giving us a free post every few days.

Chad has pitched in 3 games, 3 innings total, for the Blue Jays this season. He's allowed 5 hits, 3 earned, 2 homers, 0 walks an 2 strikeouts.

At Buffalo he is 1-3 with a 4.01 ERA in 13 games, 4 starts. He's pitched 33.2 innings, allowed 31 hits, 4 home runs, 7 walks with 21 strikeouts.

I'd have preferred they would have found a way to keep Bobby Korecky around but he has to stay in Buffalo for 10 days. Neil Wagner, Sean Nolin,Shawn Hill, John Stilson and Mickey Storey are all on the DL, so the Jays didn't have a lot of choices in Buffallo.

Welcome back Chad, hope you get to stay around a while this time.