Edwin Encarnacion out "day-to-day" with a tight back

John E. Sokolowski-USA TODAY Sports

Please get well quick Edwin.

The headline says it all, Edwin Encarnacion was pulled from tonight's game, in the 9th inning, with a tight back. He is day-to-day but I very much doubt he'll be playing in tomorrow's afternoon game.

Edwin has been so great, over the past month, so I hope he isn't out long. Our offense has been purring along, so maybe we'll be ok without him for a day or two but he leaves a big hole in the middle of the line up.

I would imagine they will move Brett Lawrie back over to third base, use Steve Tolleson at second and have Francisco and Adam Lind share time at first base and DH while Edwin is out, at least against RHP.

Edwin was AL Player of the Month for May. He is hitting .272/.361/.616 with 19 home runs and 50 RBI (is that right, 50 RBI and it is only June 4th?).