Game 61 GameThread: Jays @ Tigers

Duane Burleson

It is MLB Draft Day. The Draft starts at 6:00 Eastern and we will have a draft thread so we call follow it together.

But first, there is a game. The third game of the series in Detroit and the brooms are out. Unfortunately, Edwin Encarnacion won't be playing. I figured that, without Edwin, we'd have Lawrie moving back to third base and Tolleson in at second, with Lind at first and Francisco DH. Instead it is Lawrie at second, Francisco at third and Navarro DH.

J.A. Happ gets the start and he's been surprisingly decent in his 6 starts this season. As a starter, he is 4-2 with a 4.09 ERA, with 14 walks ans 29 strikeouts in 33 innings. Course his FIP (5.26) is more than a run higher than his ERA (4.10). He has been getting some luck.

Justin Verlander is 6-4 with a 3.99 ERA in 12 starts. 31 walks and 57 strikeouts in 79 innings.

Today's Lineups

TORONTO BLUE JAYS DETROIT TIGERS
Jose Reyes - SS Ian Kinsler - 2B
Melky Cabrera - LF Torii Hunter - RF
Jose Bautista - RF Miguel Cabrera - 1B
Adam Lind - 1B Victor Martinez - DH
Juan Francisco - 3B J.D. Martinez - LF
Brett Lawrie - 2B Austin Jackson - CF
Dioner Navarro - DH Alex Avila - C
Erik Kratz - C N. Castellanos - 3B
Anthony Gose - CF Andrew Romine - SS
J.A. Happ - LHP Justin Verlander - RHP

It is unfortunate that we get reminders that there are more important things in the world than baseball. The story from Moncton is sad beyond words. Police officers deserve our admiration and our thanks. The RCMP in the Moncton area and the families of the officiers shot are in our thoughts today.