FanPost

Divisional Rivals Game Thread: Thurs June 5th 2014

The same BBB rules apply as the main Blue Jays game threads, except gifs and photos are welcome here. This is a thread for all baseball games today.

  • Once again we had a good day, going 3-1 in divisional rival losses.

  • The Athletics had an offensive push in the top of the 9th beating the Yankees 7-4. The Yankees' broadcasters were mentioning how the A's are one of the best teams in the AL, and even talked about the Tigers, yet they refrained from mentioning anything about the Jays. I think everyone in New York is afraid of us.

  • The Orioles won again last night, defeating the Rangers. I really believe they are going to be the only team that will truly test us in our division this year. I've also come to the conclusion that the Rangers are useless.

  • The Rays lost, yet again. This makes it their 9th straight. With the Cubs victory last night, they have become the worst team in baseball.

  • After a 2.5 hour rain delay, the Indians and Red Sox battled it out all game, going back in forth with the score. The Indians came out victorious 7-4 in the 12th.

Today's Divisional Rivals Matchups

Away Home Time (ET) Away Probable Home Probable
Athletics
Yankees
1:05pm
Pomeranz (5-2)
Tanaka (8-1)
Marlins
Rays
4:10pm
Turner (1-3)
Odorizzi (2-5)
Orioles
Rangers
8:05pm
Tillman (5-2)
Lewis (4-4)

The Red Sox have a day off today, as they prepare for a 3 game set in Detroit. We should have a pretty good thread today, as the Jays play at 1:08pm, which means lots of time to watch other baseball.