Rich Schultz

Blue Jays and the 2014 MLB Rule 4 Draft

This year's Rule 4 (first-year player) draft takes place June 5-7, and the Toronto Blue Jays have both the 9th and 11th picks in the first round.

  • Live
24 Total Updates since June 5, 2014
  • Important 13
  • Articles 24
  • All Updates 24

MLB Draft: Day one recap and preview of second day

With three picks in the first two rounds, the Blue Jays were able to snap up some elite talent on the first day of the 2014 edition of the MLB first-year player draft. Is it too early to call it a success, and what kind of players can we expect the Blue Jays to target going forward?

Continue

MLB Draft Preview: 2nd round names watch

The Blue Jays' first round picks have been mocked and discussed to death, with Trea Turner, Touki Toussaint and Jeff Hoffman the likely targets, while Max Pentecost could be in the mix as well. With two picks in the first round, it might be easy to forget that Blue Jays also pick in the second round on this first day of the draft.

Continue

MLB Draft 2014: Contrarian Mock Draft

Do you think mock drafts are boring? Perhaps this one will be your kind of mock, because "industry consensus" is completely ignored in this one, and some reasons for a team drafting a certain player will be complete bogus.

Continue

MLB Draft Preview: Let's Talk Draft Stuff

The 2014 Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft will be held in just two days, starting at 7 PM eastern time on Thursday. With the event coming up so quickly, it's time to talk some draft, discussing the possible picks and strategies for the Toronto Blue Jays.

Continue

MLB Draft Preview: High School Pitchers

The Blue Jays love their high school pitchers. So much so, that it's only logical to preview the draft by looking at the top rated high school pitchers in the country.

Continue

Injury risks: Jeff Hoffman and Touki Toussaint

With the 2014 MLB first-year player draft coming up fast, we take a look at the pitching mechanics of some pitchers that might be injury risks based on their deliveries.

Continue