Around The Nest Blue Jays Minor League Question Thread - Week 10

This is what's happening when your team is 41-18, I guess. - Dunedin Blue Jays Facebook Page

Every Friday evening at 5 pm (Eastern), the broadcasters of every active Blue Jays minor league affiliate come together to record a live audio podcast about the state of the Blue Jays' minor league system. The show is hosted by the Lansing Lugnuts' radio guy Jesse Goldberg-Strassler.

Tune in right here!

This year, Bluebird Banter has partnered with them to provide Blue Jays fans with a chance to directly ask their questions to these broadcasters, who see their team play daily and have insight on players that cannot be found on boxscores. Leave your questions in the comments below and then listen to the podcast for your answer! Don't worry if you listen to it live at 5 pm, you can download the show afterwards.

I'll start it off with a few questions:

  • For Ben Wagner (Buffalo Bisons): Your pitchers were dropping like flies this week, with Ricky Romero, Rob Rasmussen, Neil Wagner, and Sean Nolin getting hurt in one day. Nolin is starting tonight, but how are the other three doing? Has Tommy John been discussed with respect to Wagner?
  • For Jesse as well as Tyler Murray and Al Hernandez (Dunedin Blue Jays): The Midwest League and Florida State League released their All-Star selections. Four Lugnuts and seven D-Jays were named, so can you talk a bit about how they've played this season and whether you expected them to be All-Stars coming into the season?

Here is the link for this afternoon