Blue Jays 10th round pick: Jordan Romano RHP, a Canadian

The only picture I could find of our 8th draft choice...he looks familiar. - USA TODAY Sports

I'm going to put the last four day two picks in this one post, updating each time.

Our 10th round pick, and our first Canadian (born in Markham Ontario), is Jordan Romano, a right-handed relief pitcher from Oral Roberts University. He is 6'6", 200 lb. I'd imagine they will trade to make him a starter. Perfect Game says this:

Jordan Romano is a 2011 RHP/ with a 6-4 190 lb. frame from Markham, ON who attends The Yorkland School. Tall, athletic, projectable build. Quick arm, up to 88 mph. Loose arm action, medium effort, throws on downhill plane. Good break on tight 11/5 curveball, needs to keep arm speed on changeup. High upside, bright future with minor tweaks and improved command. Raw at plate with good bat speed. Long swing that projects to produce power.

Our 9th round pick is Ryan Metzler a second baseman out of Univercity of South Carolina Aiken. He's 6'3", 190. 21 years old. Here is a few words about him from Pacersports.com. He hit .357 .423 .524 for South Carolina last year.

Named to the Daktronics NCAA Division II All-Southeast Region First-Team, the NCBWA All Southeast Region Second-Team and the ABCA All-Southeast Region Second-Team in his first year in a Pacer uniform … Was a First-Team Peach Belt Conference All-Conference selection … Started all 55 games for USC Aiken at second base… Hit .357 (75-for-210) with a team second-best seven home runs … Scored 48 runs and drove in another 46… Finished the season with 12 doubles and one triple … Had 24 multiple-hit games, and 13 multiple-RBI games on the season … Owned a 28-game streak of reaching base safely during the year … Went 7-for-9 in stolen base attempts on the year … 155 assists were top-10 in PBC.

Our 8th round pick is Justin Shafer a right-handed pitcher out of Florida. He is 6'2", 180, 21 years old. He also played short and outfield. He can hit 91 with his fastball.

Shafer wouldn’t necessarily make the TP list as either a hitter or pitcher but he’d be right on border as both and performed very well. He’s a hitter first on this list, but touched 91 mph off the mound as well. -- David Rawnsley

Our 7th round pick is Zack Zehner a big, 6'4", outfielder/first baseman from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. And, really, that's about all I can tell you about him. I'd imagine, at his size, they are hoping for some power. Here is a video.

.

Latest News