FanPost

Divisional Rivals Game Thread: Sat June 7th 2014

The same BBB rules apply as the main Blue Jays game threads, except gifs and photos are welcome here. This is a thread for all baseball games today.

  • We went 2-2 in divisional rivals losses. The Orioles lost, so I would over all say it was a victory.

  • Last night, it looked like the Orioles wanted to lose against the Athletics. In the bottom of the 10th, Nelson Cruz decided to steal homeplate with 2 outs. It didn't work, as he was easily thrown out at the plate. The A's went on to score a run in the top of the 11th, and take the game. Thank you Cruz, Showalter, or whoever made that call.

  • The Rays. They FINALLY won!

  • The Yankees defeated the Royals 4-2. Would be nice to see the Royals win a couple here.

Today's Divisional Rival Matchups

Away Home Time (ET) Away Probable Home Probable
Mariners
Rays
4:10pm
Elias (4-4)
Cobb (1-3)
Red Sox
Tigers
7:15pm
Lester (6-6)
Scherzer (6-2)
Yankees
Royals
7:15pm
Phelps (1-3)
Duffy (3-5)
Athletics
Orioles
7:15pm
Gray (6-1)
Gausman (0-1)

AL East Standings

Tm W L W-L% GB Strk R RA vEast Home Road vRHP vLHP last10 last20 last30
TOR 38 24 .613 --- W 6 5.1 4.2 13-9 19-13 19-11 26-17 12-7 8-2 17-3 23-7
NYY 31 29 .517 6.0 W 2 4.1 4.5 11-9 13-16 18-13 19-20 12-9 4-6 10-10 15-15
BAL 30 29 .508 6.5 L 2 4.4 4.4 13-8 11-13 19-16 23-21 7-8 4-6 9-11 15-15
BOS 27 33 .450 10.0 L 4 4.0 4.3 12-17 15-17 12-16 14-24 13-9 6-4 7-13 13-17
TBR 24 38 .387 14.0 W 1 3.7 4.4 11-17 13-16 11-22 19-25 5-13 1-9 6-14 9-21

With the Jays game starting at 1:07pm EST, and the rest of our division starting later, this should be quite the lively game thread. Thanks for to everyone that participates, and making these threads a ton of fun!