Monday Bird Bites: Colby Rasmus and Sergio Santos to begin rehabbing this week

Justin K. Aller

The Minnesota Twins are in town tonight to begin a three-game series against the Blue Jays. It will be interesting to see the turnout of Monday and Tuesday's games to see how being in first place, five games up, affects weekday evening attendance (Wednesday is an afternoon getaway day game). Thanks to various beat reporters on Twitter, here are tonight's lineups.

Minnesota's starting nine features a new face: Kendrys Morales, who just signed with the Twins two days ago. Unlike Stephen Drew, Morales doesn't have options remaining so the Twins aren't able to send him down to get him ready for the season. He will be wearing #17.

Shi Davidi reported that Colby Rasmus (who has been out since mid-May with a hamstring issue) is finally ready to begin rehab down in triple-A with the Bisons later this week. The Bisons will be starting a four-game series in Toledo on Thursday, so heads up, Jays fans in Windsor!

Alex Anthopoulos likes spreading the major league rehabilitation wealth, so Sergio Santos will be sent to the double-A Fisher Cats for his rehab stint, according to Ken Fidlin's reporting. Fidlin points out that the Fisher Cats will be playing Bowie this week, putting Santos geographically close to Baltimore, where the Blue Jays (and Tom Dakers) will be at the end of this week.

Richard Griffin was not arrested after he transported a trunk full of fertilizer across the US-Canada border.

Two knuckleballers will be pitching in the Blue Jays organization today. In addition to R.A. Dickey here in Toronto, Frank Viola III will be starting for the Lansing Lugnuts today after spending all season in extended spring training. Viola will be wearing "VIOLA 29" on his back, so unlike Robert Griffin III, he won't be wearing the "III" on his uniform. His father wore #29 in 1990 and 1991 during two All-Star years with the New York Mets. There has been a lot of discussion about the effect of wind for knuckleballs, so here are the roof statuses of both stadiums:

You can listen in to the Lugnuts game here starting at 7 Eastern.

Jose Bautista has moved past the legendary Mike Trout to the top spot in AL All-Star balloting.